Thursday, October 15, 2015

Chocolat Chaud

Bad lighting~ imagine super dark chocolate


Have you seen this show yet?
I am totally obsessed!
Probably even more obsessed than
I am with  
The Great British Bake Off.

Probably not a surprise to 
anyone that I am a 
cooking and baking show fanatic.
But this one!
This one just nails it for me.
I can't wait for Mondays,
of all days
for a new episode to air.

This past Monday Phil was in Paris 
and the first place Phil
wanted to go was to Angelina's
on the Rue de Rivoli 
for French hot chocolate.
 You can watch the episode 
on the PBS link.

So of course, me being me,
I went on a blood hound search to
find out what was so special 
about French hot chocolate.
I found out
it's nothing like American
powdered hot chocolate mixes,
not that I'm opposed to said hot chocolate
on a cold rainy night.
But this French concoction is in
an entirely different category.

I dug around in the cupboard, found some
70% Green & Blacks dark chocolate,
pulled out the Guittard cocoa powder
and threw in the last of my
milk chocolate with caramel stash, 
instead of sugar.

There's oodles of recipes online, 
including Angelina's, Laduree,
Lebovitz, Dorie Greenspan,
the list goes on.

Image result for chocolate porcelain drinking china
I have one of these sets packed away

It's hot chocolate alright,
but with a completely sophisticated element.
Now I understand the exquisite French 
enameled and glazed chocolate pots
that look like fine china coffee pots.

If you want a truly decadent and rich
cup of cocoa, 
have what Phil's having.

No comments:

Post a Comment